Artifacts

I'm a lucky man, my family have always been great at keeping our artifacts, the objects from our history that have been passed down through time. Some are really interesting so I thought I'd gather a few of them and make this photo-documentation. On my Mothers side, my ancestors came from England/France and the Scottish Isle of Skye but emigrated to Canada when the ruling classes forced them out due to brutal taxation.  I think because we moved around a lot it was important to hang on these tokens of our origins, especially the miner's lamp. I hope that some day my own legacy will be my artworks, something that my descendants will regard with the same curiosity which I feel for these objects. 


Bluenose Carpet Hooker c1928.
Inkwell with New York Brooklyn inscription, c1930 (approx)

My Great Grandmothers hair, circa Early 1900's.
Penny Bank with original One Penny, c1905
  
'W' medicine box, 20th Cent. 

Handmade box bearing my Great Grandmothers name Winnifred containing two dolls. 

This Coal Miners Davy Lamp belonged to my Great Great Grandfather, c1850 (approx).

THERE IS A LIGHT THAT NEVER GOES OUT

No comments: